Tuesday, August 5, 2008

SOĞAN SALATASI



ONION SALAD

Onion salad is great for barbecue parties.



Ingredients:
  • 3 large yellow onions
  • 1/2 tbsp of salt (to rub onion )
  • 1/4 bunch of parsley
  • 1 tbs of sumac
  • 1/2 tbs of ground chili pepper
  • 1 lemon juice
  • salt
Chop parsley. Thinly slice onions. In a big mixing bowl,take onion and 1/2 tbsp of salt, rub onion and salt with your hands until onion gives its juice out. Wash and drain. Squeeze onion to get rid of all the juice. Take them in another large mixing bowl. Add chopped parsley, sumac, salt, and pepper in the bowl. When you are ready to eat, drizzle lemon juice all over.

2 comments:

Prue said...

Wow I just found your blog and I love it! I love Turkish food, hell, I love Turkey. So few people use sumac, I use it sprinkled over roast shoulder of lamb and it is delicious. Thanks.

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Prue,
I am glad you like the blog.I love sumac too. I will try to use sumac with lamb. Thank you for sharing.
Iffet